To this day all of us have tasted the sweet taste of honey, but do you all know about its miraculous benefits and qualities? Honey is also called as Madhu in Sanskrit, which is full of medicinal properties as well as delicious taste. It is known as a potent Ayurvedic medicine. This delicious food is being used in our homes for centuries.
One of the many properties of an anti-bacterial element which acts to purify the human body. So today, in this blog, we are going to tell about the benefits of honey so that you can get acquainted with its various properties. First of all, know about different types of honey.
Kinds of Honey:-
You will find different types of honey in the market, which can be classified in the following forms:-
- Manuka honey
- Clover honey
- Leather Wood Honey
- Bucket honey
- Alfalfa honey
- Rosemary Honey
- Blueberry Honey
- Lavender honey
- Wild-flower honey etc.
In this way various forms of honey are mentioned in Ayurveda:- The Ardh, the aadalik, and the dal.
Benefits of Honey for Skin:-
- The Brightness of face:- Honey(Organic Honey) is very beneficial for our skin. Honey has antiseptic and moisturizing properties, Who work to remove spike and acne from the face. You can also increase your face glow by using honey.
How to use:-
- You can use Honey as a ‘skin lightening mask’.
- To make a mask, mix one teaspoon lemon juice, one spoon of milk and half a spoon of almond oil with a spoonful of honey.
- Put the mixture well on the face and leave it in the same condition for 15 minutes.
- Wash the face with clean cold water after 15 minutes. It will help to soften and shine your skin.
How is it Beneficial:- Raw honey extracting impurities from skin pores and also works like as a natural antiseptic. This closes the nail-acne on the face.
- Profitable for wrinkles:- Wrinkles are a common problem related to the face, which begins to appear along with aging. Apart from modern medicines, this problem can be treated with the help of home remedies.
How to use:-
- Mix one teaspoon curd and one teaspoon honey and make a paste and now apply this paste on the face and clean it after a while. This way your skin of the face will be tight and soft.
- To make a mask, first mix papaya (grated), milk or yogurt with a teaspoon of honey as needed.
- Put this mixer on the face and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water after 30 minutes.
How is it Beneficial:- Honey is a natural moisturizer, which moisturizes the top layers of the skin. This process helps to improve facial wrinkles. In addition, antioxidant properties of honey retain the skin soft and shiny.
Skincare with Pure organic honey
- For Dry Skin:- Dry skin also affects the beauty of the face to a great extent. Use of pure organic honey You can do to make the skin appealing soft and shiny.
How to use:-
- Mix equal quantity of curd in large spoonful honey.
- Then place this mixture well on the face and neck.
- After 15 minutes wash the face and neck with warm-hot water.
- Use Honey for Normal Skin:-
- Mash cooked papaya and add some drops of honey in it and apply it on the face.
- Mash the baked bananas, add some drops of honey and rose water to it and mix it well and apply it on the face.
- Mix the Dough bran, lemon juice, honey, and cream and put it on the face.
- Torn Lip Cure:- Honey is an effective home remedy for treating torn lips.
How to use:-
- Before sleeping at night, place some amount of honey on your torn lips well.
- Keep honey on the lips all night long.
- Wash the mouth with cold water in the morning.
How is it Beneficial:- Through this process, honey gets absorbed in the lips well and makes lips lucrative. The beneficial elements of Honey can help to get rid of the problem of torn lips.
- Eliminates facial scars:- Honey for skin benefits in many forms. You can also use it for facial cleansing. This is an effective face-wash.
How to use:-
- Soak the almonds, rose flowers and nutmeg in the milk overnight and make a paste in the morning and apply it on the face. This eliminates facial scars and makes the skin of the face smooth and shiny.
- Mix a few drops of water in teaspoon honey.
- Then gradually put on your face and throat with the help of your fingers.
- After doing massage, after 5 minutes, wash your face with warm-hot water.
How is it Beneficial:- Thus, Honey can be used to remove dirt from the face. Honey’s antibacterial properties are beneficial for the face.
Benefits of Natural Raw Honey for Health:-
As we all know Natural raw honey is a food product as well as effective Ayurvedic medicines, we can all get rid of many diseases. Here we are going to tell you about the benefits of honey and how to eat honey: –
1. Help in Weight Loss and Obesity:-
Due to poor routine and eating, the increasing weight of the body has emerged as a serious physical problem, for which today people are ready to take any action. Increasing weight tires your body quickly and makes the body structure worse. Uncontrolled eating habits are the biggest reason for this. Here we are telling how to use Honey to lose weight.
How to use honey:-
- Take half a lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of hot water and take it before bedtime and before sleeping.
- Make this process part of the routine. With this, along with weight loss, the digestive system will also be cured.
How is it Beneficial:- Vitamin-A, B and C are found in honey. There is no fat in it, so it helps in weight loss. Honey eliminates the excess fat of the body. Therefore, you can use honey to lose weight.
2. Honey During Diabetes:-
Is honey beneficial for diabetic patients? This question can confuse you for a little while, but let us tell you that patients of diabetes can consume it. You can consume honey in many ways to control diabetes.
How to use honey in diabetes:-
- Mix three spoons of Tulsi, Neem and turmeric powder with a spoonful of honey.
- Take a spoon empty stomach every morning.
- Repeat this process for one month.
- Apart from this, you can take half a teaspoon of honey with a spoon of yogurt.
How is it consuming beneficial:- A lot of micronutrients are found in honey, which is considered beneficial for diabetic people. Regular use reduces hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). Hyperglycemia is a condition in which the body stops insulin. In this condition, the amount of sugar in the body increases.
3. Honey is Beneficial in Cough and Cold:-
The honey is used in Ayurveda and in our homes as a medicine for colds and coughs. Even today, it is believed that there is more effective honey than modern medicine in cough and cold. Learn more about how to use honey to reduce cold and cough.
How to Use Honey in Cough and Cold:-
- If you have been coughing, then you can take honey after getting up in the morning and before sleeping.
- You can either eat two teaspoon honey in its original form or drink it in a glass of hot water.
- Please note that under the condition of winter-cold, children under 1 year of age should take it carefully.
How is it Consuming Beneficial:- Honey contains antibiotic properties, which remove throat infections. Honey is quite beneficial for sore throat and acute cough pain. This is a natural remedy, especially for children.
4. Honey During Hypertension:-
Hypertension is a serious problem in which arteries are affected and blood pressure increases. In what way should the consumption of honey in this condition:-
How to Use Honey in Hypertension:-
- In the state of hypertension, take the juice of celery leaves and honey in equal quantity (about 226 grams) and take it three times a day.
- Repeat this process for a week.
How is it Beneficial:- Celery leaves are effective for hypertension because it works to cure the liver. Control of high blood pressure can be found by taking celery juice mixed with honey.
5. Honey Reduces Cholesterol:-
Cholesterol is a fat-like substance that is found in all the cells of the body. It helps in developing hormones in the body and keeping cells healthy, but its excessive amount can prove to be fatal to the body. Due to the increase of cholesterol, the blood becomes thick and increases the risk of heart attack and other diseases. Here we are explaining how to use honey to control cholesterol.
How to use honey:-
- With the help of a grinder, take out an onion juice and mix the honey (as per requirement) in it. Take this mixture every morning and evening to control cholesterol.
- You can also use cinnamon instead of onion. Increasing cholesterol can be reduced by drinking cinnamon powder (three spoons) by adding honey (three spoons) with warm water (a glass).
- Repeat this process for 15 days.
How is it consuming beneficial:- Honey can be used to keep cholesterol under control. Honey does not contain cholesterol content and its daily intake reduces cholesterol levels significantly. Important elements like potassium and sodium are found in honey, which is beneficial for the body.
6. Bones are strong:-
Honey can be used in both forms to obtain internal and external power. Honey filled with medicinal properties is especially effective in women’s Bones and other problems.
How to use honey:-
- You can take two spoons of honey in the morning and at night before sleeping.
- Or you can take Honey (two teaspoons) with a glass of warm water.
- You can also take honey (a spoon) with milk (a glass). Milk contains calcium, which is essential for bones. You can take this mixture before sleeping at night.
7. Enhances Disease Resistance:-
Honey can be consumed to improve disease resistance and increase it. Know how to consume honey to enhance disease resistance.
How to use honey:-
- Eat two spoons honey before bedtime or two teaspoons with a glass of light warm water. Repeat this process twice a day.
- You can also add a quarter lemon juice or cinnamon powder of spoon.
How is it Beneficial:- Honey’s antioxidant and antibacterial properties help in improving the digestive system and increasing disease resistance. It is a great source of antioxidants, which helps in the removal of toxic substances from the body.
Disadvantages of Honey:-
There is also a negative side with the positive side of anything. There are also many losses of honey with different benefits. Know through the points given below, about the losses of honey.
- Allergies:- Direct eating of honey can also cause you allergic reactions. Those who are allergic to pollen (a powder-like substance that is usually yellow), do not eat honey. Additionally, honey extraction in the diet can increase the allergy related to honey.
- Blood Sugar:- The honey contains the amount of glucose, as well as sucrose, so excessive intake of it, can increase your blood sugar. Therefore, if you are a patient of diabetes, then use the honey on the doctor’s advice.
- Stomach Pain:- Loss of honey also includes stomach pain. Excessive intake of honey can cause stomach ache problems. Since the amount of fructose is found in it, so honey can inhibit the nutrient absorption capacity of small intestines.
- Food Poisoning:- Food poisoning may also come under the loss of honey. Botulism poisoning can occur with excessive and direct intake of honey. This problem is mostly found in children.
From common physical problems to severe diseases, treatment can be done through honey, but remember that proper consumption and use of it will benefit you. If you are suffering from a serious problem, then consult the doctor before consuming it.